Step into my world, feel my poems and allow your wandering soul to get lost in the fragnance of the soothing stories from the land that does not actually exist. Allow this feeling to creep into your being and let your nerves speak the language of that far-off land. Bienvenido :)

Friday 8 June 2012

That rainy night





That rainy night, when I was busy 
drenching myself with the tears of the gloomy sky
and hearing its thundering sobs
in the parking lot,
you came smiling 
with a fat mug of coffee
allowing the rain drops to destroy its strong taste.
"Eh ! enjoying the rain ?" this is just what you said
and I was already glaring at you
with intense hatred and anger.
You offered me the coffee,
but I rudely refused.
It is now that I realise,
it was not just the pleasure 
of having the strong hot coffee in the cold rain,
but much more that I pushed away.
You saw my umbrella lying on the bare road
and tried to collect it ,
but I warned you not even dare to touch the same.
You smiled again
and I kept wandering,
if this was pity or something else.
You slowly slided your fingers into those of mine,
and said this was going to be the best rainy night ever.
And I furiously uncurled my fingers from yours.
You said it was really tough for you 
not to let your eyes drown
into the deep dreamy blue ones of mine,
and I said that was not my problem.
I wanted you to see the aversion,
the storm of hatred in my eyes,
but you ended up in something very different.
You requested me to get into your car
or else I was going to have a really bad cold,
I denied.
For me you were just wasting my time,
forbidding me from the pleasure
of washing away all my wounds, my pain,
in the heavy,icying,unending rain.
All I wanted was to be alone,
and all you wanted was to diminish my pain,
to bring a smile on my face.
Why did not you accept that
I was in no mood of sharing my grief ?
You knowingly remained unknown 
of the odius nature of mine.
You took advantage of my perplexity
and dragged me into the passanger seat.
Gradually my face dried up
and it was now that I realised
that I had been crying,
coz there was no more rain to hide my tears.
I unlocked the door
and was about to leave,
when you again caught hold of my arms.
I looked straight into your eyes 
and yours were already dug into mine.
Now it seemed as if 
time had stopped moving ahead.
Everything had collapsed.
Even the rain drops were hanging in the air.
You gently dried my cheeks
and covered me with the shiny black jacket of yours.
My eyes were still under the attractive pull of your magnetic blacks.
I could sense the shine of humour,of love
in your eyes.
You said my shoes were frowsy
and I said why dont we exchange.
Now that was very stupid I know,
to have exchanged my funky sports shoes
with the formal shiny black boots of yours.
Instead of firing me with questions,
like why I had been avoiding you,
leaving your phone calls unanswered,
not replying your texts,
and many more,
you comforted me with the silence,
the tranquillizing silence
that was in a verge to heal all my wounds.
But suddenly I felt that 
I did not deserve it,
that I did not deserve YOU.
And thus I asked you to drop me
in the same place 
of the parking lot.
You obeyed me quietly this time.
You had no questions.
Perhaps you understood now,
what I actually wanted.
On reaching the same place,
I headed towards my bright red umbrella
and stood beside it.
I closed my eyes and just stood there,
determined not to move
untill the rain would open the pearly gates of heaven for me.
But I ended up just with a dreadly fever.
I did not die.
And now I live.
I live remembering THAT RAINY NIGHT.

2 comments:

  1. Superb girl! You have no idea hw moving ur words r...terrific job once again :)
    "I did not die.
    And now I live.
    I live remembering THAT RAINY NIGHT."
    Beautiful. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I'm on the seventh heaven r8 now.thnx so much 4 such generous comments

    ReplyDelete